By Norma J. Goodwin, M.D., Founder and President, Health Power
Twenty-Two (22) states (45% of all states) are still not expanding their Medicaid Programs as intended by the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. They are thus losing lives, money and key additional benefits.
While in the past we have talked about the withholding states as a group, we will now update the following Health Power table each month to identify the individual states that are both providing ad refusing to provide care to their neediest residents. We will do so because withholding Affordable Care Act/Obamacare funded healthcare to the needy is clearly political, and thus unethical. This opinion by Health Power is documented by the fact that 20 of the 22 withholding states (91%) have Republican Governors. Our monthly report will be based on the latest research information from the Kaiser Family Foundation,
The purpose for this, and future reports, is to:
- Help “Spread the Word” with a user-friendly tool; and
- Help decrease the unacceptable level of silence
U.S States and DC
States with Medicaid Expansion
States Not Expanding Medicaid
Political Party of Governor (R), (D), (I)
|District of Columbia||X||D|
Source: Kaiser Family Foundation State Data as of April 2014 In Virginia, the Democratic Governor is being blocked on Medicaid expansion by a Republican legislature.
Health Power® Affordable Care Act Package of Key Information and Tools
- 24 States Still Denying Needed ACA Funded Expanded Medicaid Services – August 2014
- 15 Reasons the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) Decision on Contraception was so Damaging – July 2014
- Key Simply Stated Affordable Care Act Information and Tools – July 2014
- 22 States Still Withholding Affordable Care Act/Obamacare Funded Health Care – June- 2014
- 10 Reasons Holdout States Must Stop Denying Funded Affordable Care Act/Obamacare Health Services – January 2014
- Affordable Care Act Update– January 2014
- 10 Messages for Active Use by Affordable Care Act/Obamacare Supporters – November 2013
- 12 Simply Stated Features of the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare – October 2012
Coming Soon: “Summer Tip Sheets” including:
- Preventing and Controlling Heat Exhaustion and Stroke
- Protecting the Skin and Eyes from the Sun
- Outdoor Cooking Tips, and much more.
Best of Health, and Remember that Knowledge + Action = Power!
Norma J. Goodwin, M.D., Founder, President & CEO – email@example.com
Health Power for Minorities (Health Power) – www.healthpowerforminorities.com
Like us on Facebook, and Follow us on Twitter