Since the 2016 Open Enrollment Period for the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, will end on January 31, 2016, it’s important that those who don’t have health insurance get started with the enrollment process now. However, if you already have health insurance, share this list of 7 key benefits with others who are uninsured, and encourage them to start their enrollment process now.
7 Key Benefits of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare
1. The Affordable Care Act provides major health care benefits, plus a variety of health insurance options at different premium levels.
2. The Affordable Care Act provides various preventive care services for adults, women including pregnant women, and children – – without a co-payment, for a wide variety of conditions and needs including:
◦Type 2 Diabetes
◦Immunizations (like flu and pneumonia)
◦STD’s (sexually transmitted diseases), and
◦Smoking cessation (stop smoking programs)
Obtaining the above services increases your odds of living a longer and healthier life, no matter what your age is.
3. Insurance companies can no longer put a ceiling on the cost of health and medical care services needed.
4. People cannot be denied services because of a pre-existing illness.
5. Low income and some middle income persons, as well as their family members under 65 years of age, may be eligible for a subsidy to help pay their health insurance cost.
6. At any age, a serious accident or unexpected major illness can result in a severe or unmanageable financial burden for an uninsured person and their family. That’s why:
– It’s better to be safe than sorry because:
– An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.
7. The more people who enroll in the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, the more secure the program’s s future becomes, just like what happened with Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare.
Remember the Health Power motto:
Knowledge + Action = Power!