- An increase in specialized fitness programming for older adults.
- Simple exercise habits, such as a walk-a-day, remain popular.
- Employers are encouraging fitness and weight loss.
- Blending of popular mind-body programs such as yoga and Pilates with more traditional forms of exercise.
Source: American Council on Exercise (www.acefitness.org)
- Warm up Before Exercising
- Stretch Before Exercising
- Stand and Stretch
- Stretching on the floor or bed
|How Many Calories Different Activities Burn Off|
|Exercise||Intensity||Approximate Intensity Level||Calories Burned/Hour|
ARE YOU MOVING YET? Check this out
- Did you know that thin people live more active lives?
- For example, they don’t sit still as much, and they bend, stand, and walk more often. .
So get moving!
While watching TV, using the computer, or reading, stand every 20 minutes
Walk around the house often, & don’t sit more than 1 hour without getting up
Do stairs 1 or 2 flights
Stretch? and/or reach to the sky
Reach to the floor
Sweep, vacuum, mop and rake if possible
Walk for errands
Get off the bus or subway a stop before your stop
Sit in a chair then get up and sit down and repeat this 10 times
As you become more active, do more to become still more active.
Remember: Knowledge + Action = Power!®
Wishing you Physical, Mental and Spiritual Health
Norma J. Goodwin, M.D., Founder and President, Health Power, email@example.com