Predicted Exercise Trends –
American Council on Exercise (www.acefitness.org).
- More fitness programming for older adults.
- Simple exercise habits like daily walking will remain popular.
- More employers will encourage fitness and weight loss.
- Blending mind-body programs like yoga and usual exercise.
|It’s Time to Re-set Your Fitness Goals—For Real!|
|Calories Different Activities Burn Off|
|Getting in Shape Tips|
|Moving for the Health of it Tips|
|Walking for Health and Fitness Tip Sheet No. 1|
|Walking for Health and Fitness Tip Sheet No. 2|
Moving for Health to Live Longer
ARE YOU MOVING YET? Check this out:
- Thin people move more in their daily lives (The Washington Post Jan.27 2005)
- They do not sit still, they bend, stand, and walk with greater frequency.
So let’s get moving!
• While watching TV, using the computer, or reading, stand every 20 minutes
• Walk around the house often, & don’t sit more than 1 hour without getting up
• Do stairs – 1 or 2 flights
• Stretch? and/or reach to the sky
• Reach to the floor
• Sweep, vacuum, mop and rake if possible
• Walk for errands
• Get off the bus or subway a stop before your stop
• Sit in a chair – then get up and sit down – and repeat this 10 times
• As you become more active, do more to become still more active.