Fitness Branch includes
Tip Sheets like “Walking for the Health of it“, and “Number of calories burned from different activities”
Predicted Exercise Trends – American Council on Exercise (www.acefitness.org).
– More fitness programming for older adults.
– Simple exercise habits like daily walking will gain in popularity
– More employers will encourage fitness and weight loss.
– Blending mind-body programs like yoga with usual exercises
It’s Time to Re-set Your Fitness Goals—For Real!
Calories Different Activities Burn Off
Getting in Shape Tips
Moving for the Health of it Tips
Walking for Health and Fitness Tip Sheet No. 1
Walking for Health and Fitness Tip Sheet No. 2
ARE YOU MOVING YET? And Did You Know That?
· Thin people move more in their daily lives, and
· Generally, they don’t sit still . . .
· They bend, stand, move and walk a lot.
So let’s get moving!
• While watching TV, using the computer, or reading, stand every 20 minutes
• Walk around the house often, & don’t sit more than 1 hour without getting up
• Do stairs – 1 or 2 flights
• Stretch? and/or reach to the sky
• Reach to the floor
• Sweep, vacuum, mop and rake if possible
• Walk for errands
• Get off the bus or subway a stop before your stop
• Sit in a chair – then get up and sit down – and repeat this 10 times
• As you become more active, do more to become still more active.
Also Check This Out!