October is National Dental Hygiene Month. Your oral health is more important than you might realize. The health of your mouth, teeth and gums can affect your general health.
The importance of National Dental Hygiene Month is to promote awareness about maintaining good oral health, which is centered around the four components of good oral health maintenance:
- Brush Teeth Twice Daily
- Always brush two minutes, two times a day
- Floss every day
- Ensure flossing is a daily habit.
- Try Text2Floss if you have trouble remembering
- Rinse with Mouthwash
- Use mouthwash to improve oral health
- Chew Sugar-Free Gum
- Chewing sugar-free gum after eating can help fight tooth decay
Did you know that your oral health offers clues about your overall health — or that problems in your mouth can affect the rest of your body? Protect yourself by learning more about good oral health practices and protect your overall health. For more tips on maintaining good oral health, click here for Health Power’s Dental Health Tip Sheet.
Remember the Health Power motto: Knowledge + Action = Power!