Welcome to Health Power’s “Focus on Eye Health”, which we are partnering with the National Eye Institute’s Health Education Program (NEHEP). The National Eye Health Education Program emphasizes the importance of early detection and timely treatment of eye disease and the benefits of vision rehabilitation.
Millions of people have problems with their vision every year. Some of these problems can cause permanent vision loss and even blindness, while others are common problems that can be easily corrected with glasses or contact lenses. One’s eyes are an important part of his/her health. There are many things that can be done to maintain eye health.
Key aspects and resources of NEHEP include:
- 1.2 Million African American to Be at Risk by 2030
- If you have diabetes, follow these tips to prevent vision loss (Spanish)
- African Americans with Diabetes Can Prevent Vision Loss (to be used during National Diabetes Month in November).
- People with Diabetes Can Prevent Vision Loss (to be used during National Diabetes Month in November). (Spanish)
- You could have glaucoma and not know it (to be used during National Glaucoma Awareness Month in January). The same version is available in Spanish.
- Talking to your doctor about eye health. The same version is available in Spanish.
Remember the Health Power motto: Knowledge + Action = Power!