5 Tbsps tomato paste (3 ozs)
1 tsp ketchup
2 tsps honey
1 tsp molasses
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 tsps vinegar, white
1/8 tsp black pepper
¾ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp ginger, grated.
1 ½ lbs chicken, skinless (breast, drumstick)
Make barbeque sauce lower in sodium with lots of herbs and spices.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a large platter.
- Brush chicken with ½ of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven down to 350o F, and add the remaining sauce to the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Serving size: ½ breast or 2 small drumsticks
Per Serving: Calories 176, Fat 4g, Saturated fat less than 1g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 199 mg