Exercise for Fitness and Health
- Look good and feel better.
- Feel stronger and have more energy.
- Keep your weight and blood pressure down.
No matter how old you are, it’s never too late to get in shape.
Fitness and Exercise Tips to Become More Active
Since physical activity should be fun, find an activity you like and then, just do it!
Your choices include:
- Riding a bike – outdoors or a stationary bike
- Walking up stairs
- Playing sports
- Anything else that keeps you moving
Exercise and Fitness Tips To Make Physical Activity a Part of Every Day
Include more exercises for fitness in what you do on a regular basis. Here are some good health exercise tips:
- You can walk more if you’re not physically challenged, or handicapped.
- Even if you use a wheel chair, you may be able to wheel yourself, or wheel yourself more.
- Stretch or walk around once in awhile while you’re watching TV or using the computer.
- Take the stairs instead of riding elevators, if it’s safe.
- When going food shopping, or other shopping, park further away than you do now, so that you will have to walk more going from and to your car.
- When taking a bus or subway, get off a few blocks before your stop and walk the rest of the way.
Be Active at Home and in the Community:
- You don’t have to go to a health club or gym to get in shape.
- You don’t have to buy expensive equipment to get in shape.
- All you need is the desire to look better, feel better, and be healthier.
Why? Because where there’s a will, there’s a way.
By the way, if you have the space and can afford a stationary bike or treadmill at home, they are often helpful. Also, they don’t cost as much as they used to.
Do Physical Activities, Exercise & Fitness with Family and Friends
It’s easier to stay active when you do it with other people. Talk to family members and friends about your desire for exercise, good health and fitness, and ask them to do the following:
- Agree to doing certain things with you that you both enjoy.
- Help you identify other activity buddies if they say they’re too busy.
- Encourage you .
How Much Activity Is Best
For those who haven’t been active for some time, any increase in activity will be good. However, it’s important to exercise healthy and start slowly; increase the amount of activity gradually. It’s best to do your favorite physical activity at least 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time. If it’s more convenient, however, the 30 minutes can be split into two 15-minute periods. People over 40 years of age, and possibly younger adults as well, should check with their doctor before starting new physical activities.