Low Fat Milk Tips
- Low fat milk is good for everyone over 2 years of age. That’s because whole milk has a lot of fat that’s not needed. Furthermore, eating too much fat can cause heart disease.
- Low fat milk should not be given to children under 2 years of age because they need the extra fat at that age.
- It’s better to drink low fat milk than whole milk after 2 years of age because low fat milk has all the vitamins and nutrition a person needs from milk – with less fat.
- Low fat milk is good for children over 2 years of age, adults, senior citizens, skinny people, and people trying to lose weight.
- Low fat milk is made by taking fat out of whole milk. No water or anything else is added to low fat milk.
The 3 Kinds of Low Fat Milk:
2% Low fat 1% Low fat or 99% Fat Free Skim
Tastes a lot like whole milk but has a little less fat. Tastes lighter than whole milk, and has a lot less fat. Doesn’t have much fat but has a lighter taste that many people enjoy.
You may be surprised at how much children and adults will like the taste of low fat milk. If you don’t already use it, Try It! One other thing, if your store doesn’t sell low fat milk, ask for it.