Our Minority Health Digital Communication Network
Health Power‘s National Minority Health Communication Network provides health information and health promotion messages and tools through:
- 13 channels or platforms, and 2 additional ones are planned;
- A website with more than 2,000 print-friendly web pages;
- An integrated blog, with at least 10 blog posts published monthly;
- A social media network that includes Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn;
- An e-mailing program that publishes print-friendly newsletters, Tip Sheets and special messages; and
- Customized print brochures. and other print materials.
Health Power collaborates with many other organizations through its:
- Cross-linked Web Partners for Minority Health, and its
- Resource Directory for Minority Health.
Health Power has:
- High interest in establishing strategic alliances with non-profit, governmental and private sector organizations;
- Gives special and ongoing targeting of 4 conditions, called our “Big 4 Special Targets″. They are:
– Heart Disease.
Each of our “Big 4 Targets” has a significant effect on the prevention and/or control of the other 3 conditions;
- Also addresses 11 additional racial and ethnic health disparities;
- A Food and Fitness Channel (or Section) with multiple recipes, Mental Health Channel and Spiritual Health Channel;
- “What It Means”, an A to Z Glossary with a photo for each term to assist understanding;
- The following four (4) racial and ethnic channels:
– African Americans, with a Caribbean Circuit
– Asian Pacific Americans, and
– Native Americans/American Indians.;
- Separate channels by gender and age including women, men, teens, parents and aging populations;
- Tip Sheets that provide user-friendly information on a wide variety of subjects:
Many of the above features of our Minority Health Communication Network can be easily reached from our Home Page, www.healthpowerforminorities.com, so be sure to check them out!
Remember: Knowledge + Action = Power! ®
And, while or after you visit us, let us hear from you!
Norma J. Goodwin, M.D., Founder, President & CEO firstname.lastname@example.org