About the National Partnership for Action (NPA)
We are pleased to be partnering with the National Partnership for Action, (NPA) of the U.S. Office of the Minority Health (OHM). The mission of the NPA, is to increase the effectiveness of programs to eliminate health disparities through the coordination of partners, leaders, and stakeholders committed to action.
The goals of the NPA and its National Stakeholder Strategy for Achieving Health Equity are:
- Awareness – Increase awareness of the significance of health disparities, their impact on the nation, and the actions necessary to improve health outcomes for racial, ethnic, and underserved populations.
- Leadership – Strengthen and broaden leadership for addressing health disparities at all levels.
- Health System and Life Experience – Improve health and healthcare outcomes for racial, ethnic, and underserved populations.
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency – Improve cultural and linguistic competency and the diversity of the health-related workforce.
- Data, Research, and Evaluation – Improve data availability and coordination, utilization, and diffusion of research and evaluation outcomes.
Health Power is very pleased to see an increased focus on Achieving Health Equity. However, is still necessary that health disparities receive a continuing focus because if not, our goal for the nation cannot be realized, which is going “From Health Disparities to Health Equity”.
Much more information on NPA can be obtained by visiting its website athttp://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/npa/templates/browse.aspx?lvl=1&lvlid=11#dn