- About Asians: Did You Know?
- Asian and Pacific Islander HIV Prevention Needs
- Asian Pacific American Honorees
- Asian-Pacific Islander Specialty Recipes
- B. Waine Kong, Ph.D., J.D.
- Cardiovascular Disease and Pan Asian Community
- Cultural Concerns of Asian and Pacific Islanders
- Past Asian Pacific American Honorees
Our Introduction to the Asian Pacific Islander
Key Features: Former Surgeon General David Satcher
and National Center for Cultural Competence Honored; Andrea King Collier, Health Editor
Welcome to Health Power’s Asian Pacific Islander Channel. You will find a broad array of health related information regarding the numerous and diverse populations and countries that make up the Asian and Pacific Islander people worldwide. Special attention, of course, is given to those groups that reside in the United States and Pacific Islands. Attention is also called to the racial/ethnic health disparities which affect these populations.
You will find such information as the distribution of Asians and Pacific Islanders, worldwide; a list of the Pacific Islands ranging from Fiji to Papua New Guinea to the Philippines, the 10 leading causes of death of Asian Americans, and a comprehensive review of HIV, AIDS and Asian Americans including risk factors, risk practices, and barriers to prevention.