Guadalupe Pacheco, Jr., MSW
Guadalupe Pacheco is a former Senior Health Advisor to the Director for Minority Health of the Federal Government’s Office of Minority Health (OMH). He has held multiple prior management positions in non-profit, State, and Federal government agencies.
In Mr. Pacheco’s current capacity as Senior Health Advisor to the Director for Minority Health of OMH, his managerial and advisory services include:
- Developing policies and initiatives to decrease health disparities that affect racial and ethnic minority communities;
- Serving as project officer for various agency contracts and grants;
- Staffing OMH’s Center for Linguistic and Cultural Competence in Health Care, in which capacity he served as project officer for the development of the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health Care;
- Staffing OMH’s Center for Emergency Preparedness in Underserved Communities;
- Managing the www.thinkculturalhealth.gov website for cultural competency e-learning programs for physicians, nurses, and disaster preparedness and crisis response personnel;
- Facilitating partnerships with national Hispanic organizations and coordinates department-wide program activities that enhance service delivery of Hispanic Americans; and
- Serving on departmental committees that focus on;
- health literacy
- vaccine and flu campaigns
- limited English Proficiency
- community-health workers (promotores de salud)
- workforce development
- health information technologies
- disaster preparedness, and
- border health policy issues.
Mr. Pacheco is a member of the National Latino Diabetes Action Council; an Expert Advisor to the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters; and previously served as a Technical Advisory member to The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations’ Hospitals, Language, and Culture Study; an Expert Advisor to The Joint Commission for the development of culturally competent patient-centered hospital standards; and an Expert Panelist of CLAS/Health Disparities of the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Mr. Pacheco received his B.A. and M.S.W. degrees from California State University of Fresno and has completed course work toward an MPA from the University of Southern California.