- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides major health care benefits, plus a variety of health insurance options at different premium levels.
- Preventive care services for adults, women including pregnant women, and children.
Screening tests and services in adults, without a co-payment, for a wide variety of conditions and needs including:
- Blood pressure
- Colorectal cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Immunizations (like flu and pneumonia)
- STD’s (sexually transmitted diseases), and
- Smoking cessation (stop smoking programs)
Obtaining the above services while having a co-payment increases your odds of living a longer and healthier life, no matter what your age is.
- Insurance companies can no longer put a ceiling on the cost of the health and medical care services you need.
- You cannot be denied services because of a pre-existing illness.
- Low income and some middle income persons, as well as their family members under 65 years of age, may be eligible for a subsidy to help pay their health insurance cost.
- At any age, a serious accident or unexpected major illness can result in a severe or unmanageable financial burden for you or your family. That’s why it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- The more people who enroll in ACA, the more secure the program’s s future becomes, just like what happened with Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare.