1. Floss between the teeth daily to remove plaque, which causes tooth decay and gum disease.
2. Brush the teeth at least two times a day with a fluoride toothpaste, and it’s best to do so in the morning before breakfast, and in the evening.
3. The best way to remove plaque between the teeth and under the gums is to floss at least twice a day, and the best time is when tooth brushing is done.
4. If the teeth are properly taken care of, they can last a lifetime.
5. Smoking cigarettes and using other tobacco products increases a person’s risk of getting gum disease, and of the disease being more severe.
6. People who have dentures should have a dental check-up at least once a year.
7. What a person eats can affect how healthy the tissues in their mouth are. Avoid eating too much sweetened foods and beverages.
8. Gum (periodontal) disease is a main cause of tooth loss in adults.
9. Dental implants need to be cleaned daily, just as teeth do.
10. Remember that a healthy and attractive smile is part of one’s overall health.
Knowledge + Action = Power!