Health Power for Minorities LLC (Health Power),www.healthpowerforminorities.com, is a nationally unique 13 component multichannel and multimedia National Multicultural/Minority Health Digital Network that provides customized health information and promotion services that are:
- – Authoritative
- – User-friendly, and
- – Culturally Relevant
¨ We are independently ranked the No. 1 source of health information for multicultural/minority health information worldwide by Google, Yahoo and Bing. This means more people turn to Health Power for information related to minority health and well-being than to CDC, NIH, Office of Minority Health and American Public Health Association.
Our mission, communications and other interventions are aimed at improving the health and longevity of multicultural/minority populations, and thus the health of society as a whole – – increasing health awareness and literacy by:
(a) Motivating changes in lifestyle and health practices, and
(b) Helping to reduce racial and ethnic health disparities through disease prevention, early detection, control and self-empowerment.
¨ Health Power especially targets its ‘Big Four’diseases/conditions, which disproportionately affect minorities: Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension and Heart Disease.
¨ Health Power has more than 20 well-recognized and culturally competent contributing editors and advisors with expertise in health, medicine and minority health.
¨ The 2,000-page Health Power website boasts a unique infrastructure that includes dual market segments –by race and ethnicity, and by gender and age, both of which facilitate our provision of communications with “Different Strokes for Different Folks”.
¨ We have an active blog, which produces 10 or more blog posts every month!
¨ We also use multiple platforms or channels to reach our audiences, including our:
- Health Power Blog at http://blog.healthpowerforminorities.com/index.php, which is linked to our website, has dual access, an alpha list of all blog posts, and a cross-linked blogs section;
- Nationally unique website with its dual segmented marketing infrastructure – by gender and age, and race/ethnicity;
- Production of customized multi-channel and multi-media health information and promotion tools to motivate and help users take personal action for better health;
- 30+ cross-linked “Web Partners for Minority Health”, each of which is a well-recognized and highly regarded organization;
- Resource Directory for Minority Health, with over 80 entries, that provides key information on each organization, and ‘one click’ access to its website; and
- Semi-independent, dual access teen-centered website “Teen Power”.
- Aside from being the No. 1 source minorities and others turn to for minority health information, Health Power brings the message of proactive health and wellness to an opt-in e-messaging audience, and by maintaining robust social media outreach via Facebook, Twitter, Google + , YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Founded in 2007 by Norma J. Goodwin, M.D, President, CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Health Power, the organization has become the leading source for trusted information for the health of people of color. This is in no small part due to the longstanding efforts of Dr. Goodwin to improve the lives of others, and eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities throughout the nation.
Views of Other National Health Leaders:
“Norma, your leadership and numerous contributions to both minority health and public health are widely known, and greatly appreciated.” – David Satcher, M.D., as U.S. Surgeon General and Former Director, CDC;
“Norma, your continuing leadership in addressing issues of national importance for minority health is unparalleled.” – Louis W. Sullivan, M.D., as Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
¨ Health Power provides: (a) a proven track record of major accomplishments and national recognition; (b) good strategic partnerships; (c) an opportunity for active partner involvement and innovation; (d) a solid leadership and management team; and (e) a business which is well positioned for continued success and advancement.
¨ Also, “Like us” on Facebook; Follow us on Twitter; Visit ourGoogle +Circle, and Visit us on You Tube.
Norma J. Goodwin, M.D., Founder, President and CEO of Health Power
firstname.lastname@example.org says: Remember the Health Power motto, or tagline:
Knowledge + Action = Power! ®