1/2 cup seasoned dry, fine bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4 flounder or sole fillets (about 1 pound)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine
1 tablespoon cooking oil*
- Heat oven to 425º F. Oil 13x9x2-inch pan
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, lemon peel, marjoram, paprika, thyme and garlic powder in shallow pan.
- Rinse fish fillets, Pat dry.
- Combine lemon juice and wine in shallow pan. Dip each fillet in lemon mixture, then in crumb mixture, coating well.
- Place fish in pan. Drizzle with cooking oil.
- Bake at 425º F for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
Per Serving: 175 calories, Fat 6 g (50 Calories or 28% of total calories), Saturated Fat 1 g (less than 5% of total calories), Carbohydrates 7 g, Protein 24 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 180 mg
From The Black Family Dinner Quilt Cookbook Health Conscious Recipes & Food Memories with Dorothy I. Height & The National Council of Negro Women, Inc. Published by The Wimmer Companies, 1993.